Berklee Online Course Overview | International Music Marketing: Developi...
Learn more about International Music Marketing at Berklee Online: http://bit.ly/1Ked6xV International Music Marketing is designed for artists who want to manage their own careers internationally, and managers and aspiring managers who want to develop their clients’ careers internationally while improving their own business skills. This course introduces the strategies and new structures emerging in the global music industry. It will teach you not only how to manage your music internationally, but also how to profit from your efforts. In the past, the easiest way to develop a music career abroad was to sign a licensing or publishing deal with an overseas representative, major or indie, and have them handle your international business affairs. Now, musicians and managers can release, market, publish, tour, and export music on their own but it requires time, expertise, and strategy. In this course, you will learn that there is more to the music industry than the U.S., U.K., and Japan, and that copyrights—an artist’s pension—can be manipulated, restructured, and sold in myriad ways to enhance opportunities abroad. You will also learn about analytics and big data and how to leverage them to know what works where.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
• develop a music internationalization checklist, which will help
• define when an artist is deemed export ready
• work with music export offices around the world
• make the most of international festival opportunities
• use analytics to maximize the impact of export activities
• take advantage of new revenue opportunities, new ways of • manipulating copyrights, and new markets
• manage the release of recordings internationally
• manage licensing abroad
• geo-target marketing campaigns and music tours
• understand visas and withholding tax
• conduct an independent, international PR campaign
• maximize returns from merchandise, sync, and ringback tones